How to Help
How to Help
Make a Tax-Deductible donation by:
- Mail or in person at: PB&J Family Services, 1101 Lopez Road SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105
- Call: 505-877-7060
- Online through our secure website: click here
- Donate your unwanted car, boat or motorcycle: click here
- Consider designating to PB&J through United Way, CFC (Combined Federal Campaign # 73211) or your employer’s match campaign
Individuals, companies & families are welcome to volunteer in the office, our gardens, playground clean up, mentoring, or serving meals. Let’s design the right project for you and your family, co-workers, church group or civic organization.:
- Volunteer 1 or more days a week to ride our van to help with babies during transport and help in the classroom. This is needed at each PB&J site: Bernalillo, Albuquerque’s South Valley and Albuquerque’s Southeast Heights.
- Cleaning toys in the classrooms (after 1 PM); Critical to keep our toys clean and for every group of volunteers, our staff are able to spend even more time with families
- Help donate turkeys or set up/clean up / serve at PB&J’s annual Thanksgiving Celebration. PB&J is also looking for businesses to co-sponsor the event ($3,500) and help pay for food and supplies.
- Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, 11:30-1:00 p.m. in Abq’s South Valley(350-400 people) and 100 more that evening, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday of Thanksgiving week 11:30-1:00 p.m. at PB&J in the Town of Bernalillo (250 people)
Adopt-A-Family Holiday Wish Program. Help identify people in the community to adopt-a –family and give them a Christmas experience by providing toys for the children and basic necessities for the family. Volunteers are welcome to help with gift wrapping, card making and coordination. PB&J is also looking for 1 person to volunteer 1-2 times per week in our office, from October through December, to help coordinate the matches.
To the Area of Greatest Need (click here)
Donate to help a family directly:
- Gift Cards or Donations to PB&J’s “Emergency Fund” enables a family to purchase food or other emergency items.
- Donate to PB&J’s “Keep’n the Lights-On Fund”. For families facing homelessness, paying the PNM (and Gas) bill can often make it possible for them to remain in their home. Also parents who are getting on their feet, cannot move into affordable apartments without first paying off an old PNM debt.
- $350 will provide for a young child who has been placed in foster care, but needs help with furnishings and other essentials to get settled in.